First Beat Media (“FBM”,“Company”, “We”, “Us”) is an online entertainment media company. In addition to niche online dating platforms, we focus on marketing, pay per click advertising, social media advertising and media buying. We take pride in our huge portfolio of sites and love connecting people of all sorts of backgrounds via our dating platforms. Our prime domains are the first step in building online brands that deliver highly-targeted traffic to our websites. This philosophy is applied to all of our current verticals.
If you are considering joining FBM family, please take a moment and read how your information that you provide to us will be used and what are your rights regarding that.
How your information will be used
1. As your employer, the Company needs to keep and process information about you for normal employment purposes. The information we hold and process will be for management and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately, during the recruitment process, whilst you are working for us, at the time when your employment ends and after you have left. This includes using information to enable us to comply with the employment contract, to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Company and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will tell you about the implications of that decision.
2. As a company pursuing employment activities, we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes or reporting potential crimes.
3. Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, but some may come from other internal sources, such as your manager, or in some cases, external sources, such as a person or entity that may have referred you to us.
4. The sort of information we collect and hold includes your application form and references, your contract of employment and any amendments to it; correspondence with or about you, for example letters to you about a pay rise or, at your request, a letter to your mortgage company confirming your salary; information needed for payroll, benefits and expenses purposes; contact and emergency contact details; records of holiday, sickness and other absence; information needed for equal opportunities monitoring policy; and records relating to your career history, such as training records, appraisals, other performance measures and, where appropriate, disciplinary and grievance records; personal email, address, phone number, gender, emergency contact name and number, DOB, children’s names and gender, social media accounts, country residing in, bank account info, paypal account info, copy of ID, marital status, hobbies, favorite food/beverage/store/movies/music/store/tv show/ sports so we can provide you with better services and more personal approach as a respective employee.
5. We collect and hold this data for following reasons:
- We need to be sure of the identity of the person we are hiring, given that our contractors work remotely and we rarely see them in person
- We also have to be able to differentiate two persons of the same Name and Surname The intention is also to better know the person so that we could better plan and organize team building events, congratulate their birthdays, etc.
- Personal data is also used to create important contracts such as Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and Work for Hire Contract (WFH)
- Company statistics is also one of the reasons - for example the number of people in a distinct location helps us to plan more effectively when organizing contractor related events
- We need to be able to contact people in case of an emergency
- We like to send anniversary gifts, welcome gifts and packages to people’s homes at various times throughout their employment.
- Banking info in order to send payments
- Personal information and preferences are collected so managers could get to know their new hire and plan for future team buildings. We also use this information to organize suitable events.
6. You will, of course, inevitably be referred to in many company documents and records that are produced by you and your colleagues in the course of carrying out your duties and the business of the company.
7. Where necessary, we may keep information relating to your health, which could include reasons for absence and GP reports and notes. This information will be used in order to comply with our health and safety and occupational health obligations – to consider how your health affects your ability to do your job and whether any adjustments to your job might be appropriate. We will also need this data to administer and manage statutory and company sick pay, maternity and paternity leave etc.
8. Where we process special categories of information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, biometric data or sexual orientation, we will always obtain your explicit consent to those activities unless this is not required by law or the information is required to protect your health in an emergency. Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
9. Other than as mentioned below, we will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obligated to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you. For instance, we may need to pass on certain information to our external payroll, retirement and/or health insurance partners.
10. We may transfer information about you to other group companies for purposes connected with your employment or the management of the company’s business.
11. In limited and necessary circumstances, your information may be transferred outside of the EEA or to an international organisation to comply with our legal or contractual requirements. We have in place safeguards to ensure the security of your data.
12. We use third parties, including JazzHR and Namely, for storing necessary information about applicants and staff. Jazz HR is our recruitment site that houses applications and CVS. We use this to accept and store all applications and source for future job openings that the person might be a good fit for. Namely is our HR system where we store all HR related information. We also do performance reviews, store disciplinary documents, hold intercompany communication, host payroll reports, host administrative reports. We encourage you to check out their Privacy Policies as well.
13. If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected we will provide you with information on that purpose and any other relevant information.
14. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
15. Your personal data will be stored on our system until you make a request to remove it. This is also called Right to be forgotten. You can practice that right anytime you want by sending email to email@example.com .
16. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA 18 with regard to your personal data.
Identity and contact details of controller and data protection officer
17. First Beat Media is the controller and processor of data for the purposes of the DPA 18 and GDPR. If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application 18. If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact: Data Protection Offer at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to our HR Team if you have any regular questions at email@example.com
19. Contact Info
First Beat Media, Inc.
865 SW 78th Ave #100
Plantation, FL 33324-3264